Virginia Beach portrait and lifestyle photographer specializing in comfortable portraits and candids
Well, I’ve been back for a whole week now. I had such a busy one that I hadn’t even downloaded the few photos I took! Our trip was really fabulous, though.
Part 1. Hanging out with Hannah + Luke. Two great friends who live in AZ and were awesome enough to meet us there. It was our first time vacationing with another couple, and I have to tell you, I’m a fan. It takes a little more honesty and sacrifice when it comes to things you want to do, but the rewards TOTALLY way out the “downfalls” if you consider them that. For example, Chad had to sit in a HOT sushi restaurant and the poor guy hates the smell of seafood – he just ate rice! But we rewarded him with 3 days of MEXICAN!
Part 2. Visiting Jacqueline + Jen. Two of my friends live out in San Diego now and it was SO awesome to see them! Jacqueline is a wedding photographer and Jen has been a best friend since high school! I loved seeing where they lived, and getting to learn about their life since moving west!
Part 3. Grandpa + Anne. This is the most fun – Grandpa took us down to stay on the Navy Base on Coronado. WHAT A TREAT. We were totally spoiled and loved every minute of our time with them. This trip had been a long time coming and I’m so glad we were able to go and visit!
Other exciting things that happened?
– mexican food 4 times in 6 days.
– walking around Old Town San Diego – SO FUN!
– eating at Il Fornaio – best Italian in San Diego I’m convinced.
– our plane getting STRUCK BY LIGHTNING on the trip home
– meeting sweet Blue and seeing Jake [instagram pic] again [Jacqueline and Jen’s pups]
– putting my toes in the sand
– visiting the most vivacious dog beach I’ve ever seen
– worshiping at a west coast church [the same one where Switchfoot came from!]
– eating California style tri-tip
– getting a flat tire at Seaport Village – boo.