Virginia Beach portrait and lifestyle photographer specializing in comfortable portraits and candids
What crazy weather we’ve been having! Less than a week ago, we welcomed a snowstorm! Then it warmed up to almost 70 degrees, and today RAIN, but this afternoon, sun.
But that’s life, right? I mean, it’s weather, but it so representative of how our lives are. I love it because although there is rain, we know that beautiful things come from rain. Just like life. Trials and hard times always grow you or lead you to a more beautiful place in life.
– Our hot water heater started leaking last week. I scrounged around my head for any plumbing knowledge and came up short, so we called a plumber. Today, we’re replacing it. Welcome to homeownership. BUT. We’re under our new home warranty are are getting reimbursed for a large portion of the cost!!
– Yesterday, I got to visit one of my best friends, Riva, and her husband Brooks. They are in the middle of raising support to go to Japan as full time missionaries and their time in the US is limited – so I made them a priority and made the drive to Roanoke! SUCH a good time – I wish I had a zillion more hours with them.
– My toe still hurts and wedding season is approaching quickly. OH MAN. BUT… I can still stand and walk, and my Danskos are making it feel better!!
– We got to host our friends [and a 2012 couple] Luke and Hannah this past weekend. They are serving the Lord at a missions agency in AZ, and came home to Richmond for a wedding. A great time of rest and fun all at the same time.
– I’m so jealous of all of the photographers who are in Las Vegas for WPPI! Having a hard time looking at instagram and seeing all of their photo posts about how amazing it is. BUT I’m missing it because I went to a fabulous workshop in CT a few weeks ago…
– JMU WON THE CAA CHAMPIONSHIP! Chad and I skipped out on The Bachelor last night to go to the game which was conveniently in Richmond. And I’m so glad we went! SUCH a great game, and good to feel like a college kid again.